Friday, October 3, 2008

What I learned today.....

Well, the party has ended and all is quiet...... finally.

I learn something new everyday but today was special.....
Here is what I learned today:

I LOVE planning parties.... I love making the invitations, decorating, preparing the food, making the cake, filling loot bags, decorating (did I mention that?) and everything that goes along with planning a party.

I can not handle large crowds.... especially those of the under 13 age group.

9 boys in one house will run at some point despite the requests not to.

Candy strings boys out. A LOT.

Apple Bobbing is apparently a contact sport.

Pin the Wart on the Witch is a contact sport.

Dress the Mummy Relay Racing is also a contact sport.

$2 worth of toilet paper (8 rolls) used to wrap the mummies can keep 9 boys occupied for over half an hour

Playing with $2 worth of toilet paper is a contact sport.

Devil's Food Cake strings boys out. A LOT.

8 bucket's filled with various body parts (spaghetti, cauliflower, tomatoes... shhhhh) can really freak 9 boys out.

There are some boys that scream like girls but then deny it was them.

Guessing what body parts are in each bucket is NOT a contact sport.

I have a snacking addiction. Veggie sticks, chips, cake, you name it... you'd swear I'd never had a celery stick before!

Video Games are a GOOD THING (Go Martha!)

9 boys can take turns playing Rock Band and stay entertained indefinitely (or until their parents come to pick them up).

9 boys and assorted adults can make the same mess in 4 hours that my entire family takes 4 weeks to make.

I dislike cleaning up after a party, I dislike packing up the extra food, I dislike the extra laundry table cloths etc. (think of the mess if I did not use the tablecloths!)

But alas, I will yet again hold another party for my kids .... glutton for punishment I guess. My son had a blast and that is what is important.

I will post pics of the party and decorations later this weekend... we took the pictures with the camera that is set up on hubby's computer so I have to load them there first.

Keep Giggling!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! That sounds like one heck of a party!!! Did you save any candy for me?? I just gave the kids the last of the Oreo's and i'm about to die here! lol.

Can't wait to see the pics! :D

Gerky said...

Most anything is a contact sport when it comes to boys! LOL Sounds like a great party.

Debbie said...

That is a really funny post...Oh boys...Thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. You are all linked up! Make sure to check in daily to see where in the world we are headed next!