Thursday, October 9, 2008

The 5 Senses - Sight... The Human Body Project Continues.....

We went on a mini vacation earlier this week and I got to stop at one of my favorite book stores..... they have an online store BookCloseouts but they have different stock at the retail location and... no shipping fees! I found a few great things like a stethoscope, tuning fork, base ten math blocks and more. My favorite by far was this....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Real Science.... The 5 Senses... 50 projects! I got it all for under $20 CDN..... I love to make my own resources but this was too good of a deal to pass up. It came with a bunch of stuff I could never make... a stethoscope (yes I bought an extra one too), touchy feely bag, blindfold, 3D letters and more.......

We have already done The Eye so we did the activities for Sight today....trying to play catch up!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The boys used the image disc (one side has a bird and the other a cage) ....twist the thread between the your fingers and watch the bird magically appear inside the cage!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This one was another disc this time with slats in it. There was an image of a cat between each slat.
Spin the disc and look in the mirror through the slats and the cat starts to run.... this is because our brain stores the images it sees for short periods of time allowing the images to appear continuously
when looking through the slats. The boys tried spinning the disc and looking at the disc in the mirror and the images appeared as one big blur.

The boys also did a few of the optical illusions shown in the workbook and had a blast... they were all fascinated. Worth the $20 right there!

No comments: